Shop Forums WordPress Plugins Initial update of users for notifications

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      bert mccallum
      Participant

Hey Vinny,

We have a members site that in the buddypress / wordpress profiles has over 8k users. This is a member site and we only want to send to members. In Woocommerce we can determine active members. In buddybress / wordpress we can create roles.

My question is, can we send the initial global settings to a group / Role ?

My second questions is, can the notifications be configured to send a digest of only the forums / topics a user has subscribed to or is is all or nothing?

Bert

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Bert,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

My question is, can we send the initial global settings to a group / Role ?

I’m not entirely sure I understand your question, but I’ll try to answer nevertheless.

bbpnns allows you to configure roles for notifications. The BuddyPress bridge add-on for bbpnns will allow you to notify all members in the author’s group or all groups that have access to the forum.

My second questions is, can the notifications be configured to send a digest of only the forums / topics a user has subscribed to or is is all or nothing

The bbpnns Digest plugin will send digests to whoever should have received notifications given bbpnns’ settings. If you configure bbpnns to *only* send notifications to forum/topic subscribers, then the Digests plugin will send the digests to those users. If you configure roles/groups, it will send to those as well. The Digests plugin only assembles/sends the emails, it doesn’t control to whom – that’s bbpnns’ job.

I hope this answers your questions.

Cheers,
      Vinny

bert mccallum
      Participant

Hey Vinny, thanks for replying. I am having some problems getting the notifications to send. If a user subscribes to the forum or topic they will get an update when someone adds something but there is no daily notifications going out.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Bert,

A few things to check for those users who are getting notifications:

1. Do they have Digests enabled in their profile screens?
      2. Do you have WP Cron enabled or a real cron job?
      3. Is there any data in your bbpnns_digest_queue table?

If you haven’t yet, please have a look at https://usestrict.net/bbpress-notify-no-spam-digests-documentation/ for an in-depth understanding of how the Digests add-on works, along with some troubleshooting tips (found under the Testing Mailouts section).

Let me know if you’re still having trouble after this.

Cheers,
      Vinny

bert mccallum
      Participant

Thanks Vinny. I got the digest working. I do have a follow up with the reply by email plugin. Can that work in conjunction with the digest plugin?

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Bert,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working. As for the digest working with rbe, just replying to the email isn’t possible because the system wouldn’t know which topic/reply the email was intended for.

However, I did do some custom work to have the RBE reply-to address added as a tag to the digest. It sounds it’s time to merge that onto the main RBE plugin.

I’ll work on it and have it released by the end of the week.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.