You know how you’ve always wanted to be able to simply reply to a new topic/reply notification and have it show up in the forums? Well now you can!
Reply by Email is an add-on for bbPress Notify (No-Spam) (a.k.a. bbpnns). It allows people who receive notifications from bbpnns to simply reply to the email and have it show in the forum.
Here are some of the features:
- It works with Gmail/Hotmail/Outlook, or any other POP3/IMAP email provider that supports “plus aliases” (those dynamic aliases where you can add +anything to your email address and have it deliver to the same inbox).
- When selecting a non Gmail/Hotmail/Outlook account, we’ll test “plus alias” support for you.
- Two options to check your inbox for messages: Webhook and WP Cron. Use the Webhook with IFTTT, Zapier, or a real Cron Job for best control of the mail check frequency.
- We’ll check for new messages only, but you can also set it to delete read messages to keep your inbox clean.
- Choose whether to allow HTML messages or just Plain Text. You can also include image attachments and, if using HTML messages, inline images for the new posts.
- When allowing Plain Text messages, inline images will not get lost, but placed at the end of the message along with any other attached images.
- Image attachments are uploaded to the Media Library and attached to the newly-created reply.
- Control individual- and total image sizes in each message.
- Optionally integrate with bbPress Subscriptions.
- The post author is the user who replied to the message. For security, we do not allow anonymous replies.
- Optionally enable new Topics by email.
Don’t waste time and start enabling replies by email for your forum participants now!
Minimum Requirements: PHP v7.1 WordPress v4.0, bbPress Notify (No-Spam) v1.17 or greater.
WARNING: This may not work on Bluehost shared servers with IMAP and Gmail, as they sometimes block outgoing communication with Gmail’s servers. You can learn more about the issue here.