bbPress Notify (No-Spam) was originally built to let admins know when there is a new message in the forums. Over time, it was modified to notify other roles chosen by the Admin. This add-on allows users to Opt Out of notifications.
bbPress Notify (No-Spam)
bbPress Notify (No-Spam), aka bbPNNS is a powerful notification plugin designed to send out alerts to all users belonging to selected roles.
bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Opt-Out add-on
In order to avoid the wrath of some of your users (and the long arm of the law), you need to offer a way for your users to stop receiving messages if they so desire. This plugin gives you the following:
- Three email template tags to create unsubscribe URLs:
- [opt-out-url-wp] – gets converted into the wp-admin/profile.php URL;
- [opt-out-url-bbpress] – gets converted into the bbPress profile URL for that user;
- [opt-out-url-direct] – gets converted into a special URL that unsubscribes your user directly, without the need to for them to a profile page.
- Your subscribers can opt-out in either profile screen (WP or bbPress), or directly. You choose the one that fits you best (for those who have plugins that disable /wp-admin/profile.php for certain users)
- bbPress Subscriptions screen will tell your subscriber whether he has opted out.
- From your subscriber’s point of view, nothing happens if he does not belong to one of the roles selected to receive notifications.
Using BuddyPress? Then you’ll also need our bbNNS/BuddyPress Bridge. This is because BuddyPress restricts users from accessing WP and bbPress profile screens, keeping your visitors from changing their preferences.
Be sure to comply with CAN-SPAM and CASL laws by using the bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Opt Out Add-on!