Home Forums WordPress Plugins Welcome

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      vinny
      Keymaster

Welcome to the Support forum.

Please create new topics for every question you have. I’ll reply as soon as possible (which is usually pretty soon). You can also (and are encouraged to) upload screenshots to help better describe any issue.

I may ask you to create a temporary admin account so I can go in and investigate further. In such cases, make sure to make the reply private by checking the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox below the comment box.

Cheers,
      Vinny

CJ

I purchased the USPS module, and downloaded and activated both the Eshop shipping extension and the USPS module. There is a red box at the top of my screen which says, “eShop Shipping Extension is not installed! It is required for USPS module to work!” I can find it in settings, but it doesn’t show USPS. Can you help? Thanks!

vinny
      Keymaster

That’s a first!

Please try the following:

1. Deactivate/Delete both modules
      2. Install/Activate only eshop-shipping-extension.zip
      3. Make sure you can see Canada Post options in the settings screen
      4. Install/Activate USPS module
      5. Check for USPS in the Interface Dropdown

Let me know how it goes!

Jeff Russell

Vinny,

I am ready to “live” with a new website with an expanded store. I purchased your USPS shipping extension . . . but, for the life of me, I cannot get it to (1) give the buyer the right shipping options and (2) accurately calculate the right postage. This is complicated to explain, but I can’t figure out why the shipping options for a 2.5 lb. order (two books) are limited to Express 1 day or Priority 2 day and why “flat rate” options are listed when the books won’t fit in the flat rate envelope. The resulting rates (other than the flat rate which often won’t work for what I am shipping) are extraordinarily high! Even your “demo” site indicates postage of $200+ for a $20 item. Am I missing something? Do I have some setting wrong? Nothing is working as it should.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Please contact me via email (vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net) as I’ll have to take a look at your settings and for such I’ll need an admin account.

This plugin only builds the XML request and parses the XML response from USPS, and because of these inconsistencies from their end, I put in the whitelist of services.

The $200 addition in the demo site is to display the handling fee plugin (it’s described there somewhere), that allows you to add (or subtract) on top of the returned value.

Jeff Russell

By the way, I am using v2.1.16 of the shipping extension and the USPS module is active. I haven’t done any XML debugging (since that’s not my area) and I wouldn’t know what to do.

Thanks for any help you can give me. We hope to go “live” next week and the store is the only piece that isn’t working. If I can’t get it to work I’ll have to bail on the store and view the $45 cost for the USPS extension as an expense without an ROI.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Russell

Vinny,

Thanks so much for your help! I think we have everything working right. Appreciate your responsiveness!

Jeff

vinny
      Keymaster

Glad I could help!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.