Home Forums WordPress Plugins My site is no longer sending Digests

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Dan Wassink
      Participant

My site is no longer sending digest. I am not sure when this happened, but I’d guess in the last couple weeks. Also, when I try to run a test, it just spins. I am using Cloudways Hosting, and this has also worked in the past. I then went and created a staging site and deiables all the plugins aside from ones I needed to have this work. Same issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
      Dan Wassink

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Dan,

There are a couple of things that could have happened. One common one is that the Digest’s cron job goes missing. I’m not sure why, but disabling/re-enabling the plugin usually fixes it. You can check if this is the case by following the steps outlined here: https://usestrict.net/bbpress-notify-no-spam-digests-documentation/#triggering-mailouts

Now, when you say that using the Dry Run tool just makes it spin, that’s a bit harder to troubleshoot. If you open the browser inspector, you’ll see an error in the console. Most likely it’s a 500 error being thrown by the host. You should be able to find the message in the host’s error logs.

Please let me know what you find.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Dan Wassink
      Participant

It was missing the daily digests cron job. So I added it back in and also disabled and reenabled it. We will see over the next few days if that works. That’s the important issue. 😊

With the test, I don’t see anything in the console. Am I in the right spot? (See screenshot).

Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

Dan

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vinny
      Keymaster

The test should have populated the textarea with a LOT of output. If it’s just spinning, then please check the browser console for javascript or network errors.

Let me know what you find.

Dan Wassink
      Participant

Running into a bigger issue. When I enable the Digest, I can’t access WordPress Admin. Front end still works. I disabled all the plugins asid from your and BuddyBoos, same issue. Cloudways said it was a PHP Deprecated error? See screenshot. I really am not sure what I did, but it does this on the main site and staging site, but I also have it on another server outside of that, and it doesn’t crash when I access admin. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
      Dan Wassink

Attachments:
        vinny
        Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the error message screenshot. Digests is crashing because bbPress Notify (No-Spam) is either missing or disabled. Please install/enable it. It is the base plugin for all of the add-ons, which will not work without it.

Let me know how it goes.

Dan Wassink
      Participant

I recall where it went wrong. I was migrating from a Cloudways Flexible server to an Autonomous server using the Cloudways Migration Assistant, and the migration failed. Cloudways support took it over from there and finished it. After that, the new site worked, and the old site did not. But I want to use the old site (autonomous didn’t speed it up much). Is there a way I can wide the tables for this plugin and start over? Maybe the migration messed it up? 🤔

Dan Wassink
      Participant

Crisis averted. Rolled back the database, and all is wel with the backend access. Still can’t access Test, but I will look at that later. Thanks!

Dan Wassink
      Participant

I would still like to start over with the Digest plugin. I am having minor issues and I think it is related to me adding a cron job manually instead of letting the plugin do it. When I delete the cron job I added, it crashes (see screenshot). It might be easiest if I start over? Can you tell me which tables to remove? Thanks, and sorry abbot all the posts.

Dan Wassink

Attachments:
        vinny
        Keymaster

If you deactivate and uninstall the Digests add-on, it will delete the table it creates as well as the cron jobs that it adds. But I still believe that the reason that it is crashing is the missing bbpnns plugin.

Dan Wassink
      Participant

Crashing has been fixed, I accidently had that turned off, Oops!

So deactivated the Dailies plugin, and deleted it to clear any tables. Reinstalled and activated it. It added the Weekly Digest and the Monthly Digest to the Cron Schedule. It did not add the Daily Digest. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Attachments:
      vinny
      Keymaster

That’s odd. Please create a temporary admin account on a staging site for me so I can have a look. You can email me the credentials at vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net.

Dan Wassink
      Participant

Account has been set. Check your email. Thanks!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.