Home Forums WordPress Plugins Duplicate posts via email reply due to non unique ID

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      nedpgadm
      Participant

Within the last couple of days we have seen forum responses made by email reply duplicate 5 or so time.

Digging in a little bit today we found that there is an error being thrown. The error is as follows.
      [25/10/2021 20:20:31] Failed to remove message: unique id not found

This error seems consistent with our issue. Do you know what we could do to resolve this?

Thank you,
      Brad

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Brad,

That error is thrown by the library I use to process messages. However, I have code in place that stores the latest message’s timestamp and skips that timestamp when processing the mailbox again.

A few questions to help troubleshooting:

• What version of the plugin are you using?
      • What email provider did you connect to?
      • What changed in the last couple of days?
      • Can you replicate this in a staging environment?

Cheers,
      Vinny

nedpgadm
      Participant

Hi Vinny,

I am Evan from Realnets responding on behalf of Brad. Thank you for your reply.

Plugin versions:

• BuddyBoss Platform version 1.7.9
      • bbPress Notify (No-Spam) version 2.17
      • bbPress Notify (No-Spam) – BuddyPress Bridge version 1.15
      • bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Reply by Email version 2.3.1
      • The email provider we are using is Gmail.
      • Nothing has changed recently.

As far as replicating this in a staging environment, we would like to exhaust all other options before doing so.

Thanks Vinny, and we greatly appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

Evan Bero

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by nedpgadm.
      nedpgadm
      Participant

Hi Vinny,

Just following up with you today on the issue of when a user submits a post onto the forum, it posts multiple times. Were you able to identify why this is happening and how we can fix it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Evan Bero

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Evan,

Just following up with you today on the issue of when a user submits a post onto the forum, it posts multiple times. Were you able to identify why this is happening and how we can fix it?

Can you confirm that this is happening when replying by email? Or is it when they create a post via the browser? The symptom you describe is common when there are many users to be notificed and admins have not turned on background notifications in the bbpnns settings. This causes the post submission to time out while waiting for all of the notifications to get sent. Once it times out, the user tries again, and again, and again until they give up altogether. Each attempt generates a new post.

Cheers,
      Vinny

nedpgadm
        Participant

Hi Vinny,

Hope you had a great weekend. Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question, I will further explain.

When a user has been unsubscribed from email notifications, they are still receiving emails for post replies in the browser. Their email digest is set to “never” and all of their notification settings are set to “off”. With the multiple posting issue, when a user posts, the same post is repeated over and over again in the forum. I turned on background notifications today.

Regards,
        Evan

nedpgadm
      Participant

Good morning Vinny,

Just wanted to follow up with you this morning. My clients subscribers are still receiving emails with all notifications and email digest options turned off. Is this a Buddy Boss software issue? Do you think the paid Opt-Out plugin would help? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Evan

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Evan,

I need to know more about the client’s settings. Can you please email me the following:

– The Support information in the bbpnns settings > Support tab
      – The output of a Dry run, pointing out which email address/user ID is getting included when it shouldn’t.

You can email it to vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net.

Cheers,
      Vinny

ANDRES DEL RISCO
      Participant

Hi,
      we run into the same problem.
      We solved this, for us, it was a plugin conflict.

WP SMTP was the plugin causing the conflict, just disable this solved this issue

Hope this will help someone else

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.