Home Forums WordPress Plugins Bulk Mailer Issues?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cody Owens
      Participant

First off, I’m not clear what the bulk mailer is *actually* doing- or how to check if it’s functioning correctly.

That said, some emails are being sent, others don’t seem to ever get sent. Nothing is hitting SendGrid, there are errors in the log (attached).

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Cody,

Thanks for reaching out.

The bulk mailer will prepare one message with 1000 users’ personalizations at a time, and send that to Sendgrid. Sendgrid then processes the delivery on their own time and servers.

The logs you included indicate that at least one recipient email address is missing or invalid, and Sendgrid is complaining.

{"errors":[{"message":"Does not contain a valid address.","field":"personalizations.607.to.0.email","help":"http://sendgrid.com/docs/API_Reference/Web_API_v3/Mail/errors.html#message.personalizations.to"}]}

Please review the your users’ email addresses to see which one is broken. You can also test this using the Dry Run tool under the bbpnns Settings > Support screen.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Cody Owens
      Participant

Vinny,

There are hundreds and hundreds of users emails, so I’m not interested in which ones are invalid or not. Just trying to get the emails working, which they are not.

Whenever Bulk Mailer is active, emails do not seem to get sent to Sendgrid. Sometimes the replies seem to get sent, but that’s it. And I see no evidence that Bulk Mailer is actually doing anything differently than normal. Everything on SendGrid activity still looks like it’s send a singular email, if it in fact ever actually makes it to sendgrid which I’m not convinced it does.

So my original question remains unanswered: **how to check if it’s functioning correctly?**

How do I verify Bulk Mailer is actually doing anything? Why aren’t Topic emails getting sent to SendGrid? It’s set to mail anyone who’s subscribed (which is hundreds of email addresses) but **0** make it to SendGrid when BulkMailer is active.

Right now, we’ve had to disable both of your plugins- otherwise users don’t get any emails.

Thanks

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Cody,

And I see no evidence that Bulk Mailer is actually doing anything differently than normal. Everything on SendGrid activity still looks like it’s send a singular email, if it in fact ever actually makes it to sendgrid which I’m not convinced it does.

At the very top of the log.txt file that you attached, you’ll see this:

[30/06/2022 20:27:22] [359] Successfuly processed page 0, with output: Array
      (
          [headers] => Requests_Utility_CaseInsensitiveDictionary Object
              (
                  [data:protected] => Array
                      (
                          [server] => nginx
                          [date] => Thu, 30 Jun 2022 20:27:22 GMT
                          [content-length] => 0
                          [x-message-id] => pNR1TKehS76f2V0WO6L7vA
                          [access-control-allow-origin] => https://sendgrid.api-docs.io
                          [access-control-allow-methods] => POST
                          [access-control-allow-headers] => Authorization, Content-Type, On-behalf-of, x-sg-elas-acl
                          [access-control-max-age] => 600
                          [x-no-cors-reason] => https://sendgrid.com/docs/Classroom/Basics/API/cors.html
                          [strict-transport-security] => max-age=600; includeSubDomains
                      )

)

[body] => 
          [response] => Array
              (
                  [code] => 202
                  [message] => Accepted
              )

That is the success response from Sendgrid for the first 1000 users (like I said, it’s one call for every 1000 users). There are a couple more success responses between that one and 20:36, when we get the error about the invalid address.

Because of that invalid address, Sendgrid refuses to accept the API call for the full “page” of recipients (up to 1000 users).

As far as I can tell, my plugin is doing its job. Now it’s up to you to figure out which user has a messed up email address, which is causing Sendgrid to drop the API call. If you run the bbpnns dry-run tool and send me the output, I can try to find out which one for you.

Note that you can also check the headers for a message that you do receive while the Bulk Mailer plugin is active and you’ll see the plugin’s signature: X-Bbpnns-Transporter: sendgrid.

Cheers,
      Vinny

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by vinny.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by vinny.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.