I just ran into something odd and found all sorts of complex solutions (none of which worked for me), so I decided to post this case.
I’m creating a new version of an interface at work and tested with FireFox during development. When I opened it in Safari, all I got was the background image. No content at all. I Googled and several people reported having the same problem and said that clearing the cache would do the trick. It did not.
In the end, the issue was a missing ‘–>’ inside a
Safari, not finding the closing comment tag, simply considered all of the HTML to be commented out.
I hope this helps!