Forum Replies Created
Couple more notes – may or may not be helpful.
This situation only happens when there is a topic entry in the digest table that the user is allowed to access.
Meaning, for one, I tried the “reverse” of this. I.e., if the user is subscribed to a forum, will she get all replies even if not subscribed and they are in the database for another user? Answer is no (which is correct).
Resolved!December 20, 2017 at 1:23 pm in reply to: Allow subscriptions option lets anything with correct permissions through #6511
No I did not.
Hmm. Ok. I’ll be online Monday.
I didn’t have the “page not found error” in my previous testing, but I think I was logged in. Here’s what is happening now.
1. Create new participant user. Add to group using front end of BBP private groups.
2. Check that default settings for participant are correct in participant front end (yes, Allow all, opt-out link unsubscribes to topic/reply threads).
3. Create new topic or post new reply in forum. Value created for participant in database (bbpnns_unsubscribe_key)
4. Click on link in participant email (logged out from website).
5. Return “Page not found” error. http://employersforumindiana.org/conversations/reply/2286/?bbpnns-opt-out=1&key=8f0163cc0fb72cd3a84136669ecb9798&n=5a3181d9b38f5&t=r&f=1328
6. Check database. No values have changed.
7. Create another topic or reply in thread I was trying to unsubscribe to. Participant still gets emails.
Tried this in both chrome and firefox.
Let me know if you need more info or will log in.
Yes, that’s the version I have. I test on 2 different sites and still have the issue.
I’m having some (maybe new) issues now.
1. When my settings for the link were to “block all”, I clicked the direct link in the email. In the database, my opt out setting was set to one, but my front end setting did not change (_bbpnns_opt_out_user_prefs ?). So when I saved my profile again from the front end, I inadvertently reset my notifications to allow all.
2. The direct opt-out links when set to “unsubscribe from forum/topic” are not working. (Let me know if you need more detail).
Also, I understand that some users might want to use the opt-out link behavior on the front end. However, I think it is too confusing for most users who are unfamiliar with forums. (Most of my users). Can you put an option in the admin settings to hide it (just the opt-out link setting) for users on the front-end? If not, I can just put display none.
Huh. Here’s the attachment. Well even on the new registration, the default in the user profile setting says “Block all notifications”, when I have “allow all” in my admin settings.
Also, I checked the database on my existing user and they did not have a record for bbpnns_opted_out. But when I went to their profile, the default was “block all notifications”.
On the link that makes sense. But I still don’t understand what would happen if the user went to their profile and selected that. Actually, I think it would be better to remove “Opt out link behavior” from the front end user profile and just have “Notification preferences”.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
Here are the versions I have:
BBPNNS pgb: 1.2.4
NNS opt out: 1.6.1
Yeah I’m not 100% sure. I think mainly for ‘insufficient permissions’ to various website pages. Bad documentation on my part.
Ok. If that’s not a good idea, I’ll find another way to handle the permissions and remove the handler.
Yes, new topic email and reply now working as expected.
No I’m back to a problem with the new topic URL in the digest email
Not sure when this happened, but the Topic URLs in the digest aren’t working. Looks like the ‘redirect to site’ portion got repeated and kind of mangled
Ah great. I see they can use a different email. Makes sense. Thanks.
Looks good. Thanks!
Regarding #2. Trying to do some testing. I have only one user receiving notifications set to:
Enable Forum Digests (Daily)
Enable Instant Notifications
Disable Global notifications
They are subscribed to the new topics in 1 forum.
I’m working on the file:
bbpnns-opt-out/includes/controller/recipients.class.php in the function filter_recipients.
When the new topic is created: $this->subscribers[$recipient_id] is set (looks like to 0).
When the digest is run, $this->subscribers[$recipient_id] is NULL, thereby removing the user from the list, even though they do in fact have subscriptions.
That’s as far as I could get. I don’t understand where $this->subscribers comes from (purely, due to my lack of PHP knowledge) and why it’s different on the instant notifications vs the digest.