Home Forums WordPress Plugins UPS shipping option not displayed

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      tim

Hello Vinny,
      I have a problem with the shipping extension plugin. I have only one shipping option – UPS and when I click on View Shipping Options the little AJAX arrows spin indefinitely. I gave my website so all you have to do is checkout with one product to experience the problem. I am using the latest version of eShop and the eShop shipping plugins.

WP – 3.4.1
      eShop – 6.2.14
      eShop Shipping Extension – 1.4.3
      eShop Shipping Extension for UPS – 1.1
      PHP 5.2.9

I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thank you!

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Tim,

Thanks for bringing this up and for pointing where I could test it. I’m working on a fix.

Cheers,
      Vinny

vinny
      Keymaster

Tim, please see the emails I sent you about what I need to investigate the problem further.

vinny
      Keymaster

Fixed in eSE version 1.4.4 – this only happened to people using PHP < 5.3.

Aaron St. Pierre

Hi Vinny,

I’m having trouble with the plugin. I can’t get anything to display under shipping options.

wp – 3.4.2
      eshop shipping ext – 2.0.4
      ups module – 2.0
      php 5.3.3
      eshop 6.2.17

I can give you access to the site but I”ll have to make an account for you. Could you shoot me an email and I’ll provide you with credentials.

Also I believe I’ve set everything up correctly wrt UPS.

I’m not getting anything at all back from the debug log.

Thanks,

Aaron

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

I sent you the email and also my Skype username. Still haven’t heard back from you.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Jennifer

I do not get any options under shipping options.

eShop Shipping Extension Settings v2.0.4

vinny
      Keymaster

I worked with Aaron yesterday and released UPS v2.0.1 with a fix for Delivery Confirmation when shipping from the US to the US.

Some troubleshooting steps when UPS doesn’t show any options:

• Make sure eShop -> Shipping -> Shipping Mode is set to 4
      • Check that eShop -> Shipping -> Weight units is set correctly (UPS from US only accepts lbs)
      • Turn on debugging under Settings -> eShop Shipping Extension and look at the response XML for the error message
      • Make sure that the products you added to the cart have the weight set up. Passing “0” as weight to UPS API raises an error.

Version 2.0 of eSE and the extension modules broke the ability for errors to be displayed on the form, but they’re being saved in the server logs and also in the response XMLs. I’ll be releasing a fix for the front-end form shortly.

Vinny

Van

Can we see a list of the forthcoming chegans, or will there be a changelog?Just about to release a theme that will work with your great plugin out of the box and it would be good to know what will change so I can take it into account before releasing the theme to the public Thanks and keep up the great work..

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Van,

When you say you will be releasing my plugin to the public, are you referring to the Free eShop Shipping Extension with Canada Post or one of the premium carrier plugins? Please note that it goes against the license to include the premium plugins and also your clients will not have access to updates.

Regarding UPS change logs, they are in the modules readme.txt that every premium customer gets. I do not foresee any changes to it for the time being, except for any bug fixes if required.

David

I’m having the same troubles as mentioned above. I’m using eSe 2.1.15 and UPS v2.3.2. I’ve gone through my settings and check all of the troubleshooting tips that you mentioned above…still arrows spinning. I can provide dashboard access if needed. Thanks.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi David,

Please send an email to vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net with the URL to a sample product so I can have a look. Firebug usually shows what the error behind the spinning arrows is.

Thanks,
      Vinny

Laura

Please don’t remove it.I’ll be frank here. The only prlebom I am having with eShop, or have ever had with eShop, is that the only merchant gateway I can use with it is the Paypal one. There are the other gateways, sure, but none of them are viable or, in the case of one, will approve my account based on numbers. I need Google checkout and wepay. A lot. But I also am smart enough to watch your development and remember when you looked into adding the Google gateway and determined it would be too costly.Beyond that one hitch, I absolutely love my eShop. The theme works great. It looks great. Adding items is a breeze. You allow sales for downloadable products, as well as the option to give an item away for free. I’ve tried a LOT of other shop plugins, and the only other one that matched what I’m looking for charged too much a month. You don’t charge anything. You only ask for donations. Those that can’t be bothered to tell you more than couldn’t get it to work ? Chances are they just aren’t computer savvy to begin with. Couldn’t get it to work was probably all they even knew how to give you for input. It’s kind of My bone is broken and you’re asked which part? The tibula or the fibula? and you can only say ummm my leg somewhere. I wish my shop made actual money, because I’d give you the donations your plug in deserves. I wish I had money, period. LOL. Hang in there. You’ve done a fabulous thing.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Laura,

I’m not entirely sure if this post is spam or not – so I’ll treat it as not.

Thanks for the kind words, but they shouldn’t be directed at me. I did not write eShop – the folks at http://quirm.net did. I just wrote the shipping extension for Canada Post, USPS, UPS, and Correios.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.