Home Forums WordPress Plugins Understanding Forum Notification Preference

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Branches Webmaster
      Participant

Hello – We are currently have bbPress Notify (No Spam), Opt Out and Bridge active on our site.

We have Override Subscriptions to Forums enabled so that all users are automatically notified of all forum posts. We have enabled the Opt Out/Bridge plug-in so that the user can edit their Forum Notification Preference. My question is, since our users have never subscribed to a forum (because they receive notifications by default therefore were never prompted to actually subscribe) if they change their Forum Notification Preference to “Allow Only Subscribed notifications” they will no longer receive any notifications, correct? They will only receive notifications if they go in and Subscribe to a forum, correct?

Hope that makes sense!

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi karakrohn,

I’m assuming that you have per-role notifications on and that is how your users are getting notified.

Your logic is correct. They would stop receiving the role notifications and only receive messages from forums or topics they were subscribed to.

This would also affect digests.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Branches Webmaster
      Participant

Is it possible to hide the “opt-out link behavior” drop down in the user settings? It’s confusing to our users so I’d like to eliminate it as an option.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi @karakrohn,

You should be able to hide it using CSS. What screen would you like to hide it on? The drop-down can appear in 4 different screens depending on the third-party plugins that you have installed.

Can you provide the information from the bbpnns support tab so I can help you get the correct CSS in place?

Cheers,
      Vinny

Branches Webmaster
      Participant

Hi Vinny – I emailed you the CSS

Thanks,
      Kara

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.