Home Forums WordPress Plugins Replies not posting to forum/plus alias support hangs on Checking arrival

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant

Email replies are not posting on the forum. Gmail is being used and test message is sent OK but “plus alias” support hangs forever at “Checking arrival”. Gmail is set to use insecure apps. Please advise.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Nicholas,

You don’t need to test plus alias support when using Gmail or Hotmail/Outlook as they already support it.

Did the issue start happening recently or did it never work? What does it say in the Status Check section of the Support tab?

• Connection Settings
      • Server/Port Accessible
      • Connection Test

Also, please copy the logs into a text file and upload it marking the reply as private.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      vinny
      Keymaster

Thanks. Please also send the information from the Get Help section. It looks like your cron or webhook aren’t running.

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant
      vinny
      Keymaster

Thanks, you’re set to use the WP cron to run the messages. Please switch to Webhook method, save the settings, and run the webhook URL on a separate browser window/tab. Let me know if you get any errors.

Also make sure you still have your cron system running correctly, as sometimes people disable the WP Cron to turn on real cron jobs, but if something goes wrong with the real cron job, then WP Cron will never get called.

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant

I ran the web hook and there’s no error. nothing displays at all.

cron jobs are working fine on the server.

vinny
      Keymaster

I don’t understand what you mean by ‘nothing displays at all’. Is it just a white screen? No error messages? No ‘Processing …’ messages?

If it’s just a white screen, what version of WordPress are you using? Starting from 5.2 there should never be WSOD cases anymore.

Please check your host’s error logs to see if there’s something there.

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant
      vinny
      Keymaster

Thanks for the info. In order to figure out what is generating the error 500, you’ll need to follow the regular WordPress debugging steps:

1. Enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG, and check wp-content/debug.log file after triggering the error;
      2. Check your hosts error logs for clues;
      3. Disable all plugins except bbPress, bbPress Notify (No-Spam) and Reply by Email;
      4. Re-enable other plugins in small batches and see which ones are causing the conflict;

Cheers,
      Vinny

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant

500 error log entry:
      [02-Jun-2020 14:24:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Zend\Mail\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: ‘NPerrino@APPexecutives. <NPerrino’ can not be matched against dot-atom format in /home/592661.cloudwaysapps.com/hmhuzcdyew/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpnns-reply-by-email/includes/vendor/zendframework/zend-mail/src/Address.php:41

vinny
      Keymaster

It looks like you have a user with a bad email address as it’s missing the dot-watever at the end. Fixing the address will fix the issue.

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant

the email address is correct and includes .org in settings, it seems like the log entry itself is simply malformed. can I provide wp admin access to this dev server and you can take a look at directly?

vinny
      Keymaster

Please do. Use the address vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net. I’ll email you some details that will make it easier for me to troubleshoot.

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant

I’ve created the user. you should receive an email to login. please confirm.

vinny
      Keymaster

Nope, nothing. Shoot me an email directly so we can take it from there.

Nicholas M Perrino
      Participant

I sent an email to you directly from jmayer99 @ gmail

vinny
      Keymaster

Yes, I got it and followed up. My forum notifications are set to go out every 30 minutes or so, hence the overlap.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.