Home Forums WordPress Plugins Relationship between bbpn opt-out and bbpress subscriptions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Hannah Wool

Hi Vinny,

I wanted to get a better understanding of the relationship between the global opt-out plugin and bbPress default subscription to forums and topics.

I have been doing some tests this morning of the following scenario:
      I’m subscribed to a forum and a topic from another forum.
      I choose to globally opt-out.

Result: I no longer receive any notifications for the global (which is expected) and for the bbPress default subscriptions.
      I see that there is an explanation when editing your subscriptions:
      “GLOBAL FORUM NOTIFICATIONS
      You have opted out from receiving global notifications. You will only receive messages for those topics and replies that you have explicitly subscribed to.”

I do not receive those subscription emails.

I’ve tested this both with and without the “Override Subscriptions to Forums.” checked.
      The subscription setting under Forums “Allow users to subscribe to forums and topics” is always checked for this test.

The way I understand it is, if you globally opt-out, you should still receive notifications of the forums and topics you’re explicitly subscribed to under “Subscriptions” of the edit profile screen?

I appreciate your explanation on this. And…great plugin as always!

Thanks,

Hannah

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out!

You have a point there. Before I added support to override core subscriptions, the opt-out plugin was a stopper for all bbpnns notifications. When I added core overrides, it didn’t occur to me to allow subscriptions to go through the opt-out plugin.

I’ll release an update to both bbpnns (I need a filter there) and the Opt-out recipients method to let messages through if the user is a core subscriber.

You should expect to get it between today and tomorrow.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Hannah Wool

That’s fantastic! Thank you for such a quick response and rapid turnaround! 🙂

Hannah

You are awesome!

It works perfectly! Thanks so much again. Really appreciate it.

Thanks,
      Hannah

vinny
      Keymaster

My pleasure!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.