Home Forums WordPress Plugins Questions for next version

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Wayside
      Participant

Hi,

Question 1 – We are waiting anxiously for the nest version for the following points, could you please confirm me that those will be included:
      – not having duplicate titles for the replies
      – being able to set default settings – or let me know where we could do that. We would like:
      Receive Notifications No
      Forum Digest Preferences Daily
      Maintain Global Notifications No

Question 2 -Could you tell me also where I can customize the css for the emails ? We would like to make the titles (Forum names, topic and replies titles) a little smaller.

Question 3 – how are we notified of a new version ?

Thank you very much,
      Francoise

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Francoise,

Question 1 – We are waiting anxiously for the nest version for the following points, could you please confirm me that those will be included:
      – not having duplicate titles for the replies
      – being able to set default settings – or let me know where we could do that. We would like:
      Receive Notifications No
      Forum Digest Preferences Daily
      Maintain Global Notifications No

Regarding not having duplicate titles for the replies, this is tricky as bbpress, by default, doesn’t let you create a reply title. I’m thinking about how to handle it.

For default settings, you can set the default frequency in Settings > Forums > Email Notifications > Default Digests Frequency. Maintain Global Notifications is “No” by default, and Receive Notifications is just another wording for Maintain Global Notifications.

Speaking of different wording, I’m working on changing that to make it clearer.

Question 2 -Could you tell me also where I can customize the css for the emails ? We would like to make the titles (Forum names, topic and replies titles) a little smaller.

That’ll be available in the next version (hopefully over the next 2 days).

Question 3 – how are we notified of a new version ?

Just like you’re notified of any new version for regular plugins. It’s tied into the WP Admin.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Wayside
      Participant

Hi Vinny,

Unfortunately, the new user does not have daily notifications, even if I have that setting sin the default. See all my settings here: http://www.screencast.com/t/acytE54FQCR5

I just created a new user, and here his settings: http://www.screencast.com/t/vrpKYtUBbE

On top of that we really need that all new user does not have global notifications, only the forum and topics they directly subscribe to.

Any way we could achieve that ?

Thank you for your support,
      Francoise

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Francoise,

I’ll investigate why the default Digest settings aren’t taking for new users and add it to tonight’s update.

As for only getting notifications for subscriptions, you already have Overrides on, but the list of roles seems to have been cut in the screenshot. Make sure that the role for the users is not checked in the Forums settings.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Wayside
      Participant

Thank you Vinny,

Here is the settings missing from my images: http://www.screencast.com/t/v2i1aSo2cXXE and http://www.screencast.com/t/GZ3y7P5rYc

But if I take out the subscriber role from receiving new topic, will they receive the daily digest for the forums that they have subscribed to ? I tried to take out the role, but in the user profile, then I cannot even see the digest frequency choice.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something ? The behaviour that would well is : clicking yes to the option do not receive global notifications and choosing the daily digest – but I want user to be able to change their digest frequency.

Thank you,
      Francoise

vinny
      Keymaster

But if I take out the subscriber role from receiving new topic, will they receive the daily digest for the forums that they have subscribed to ? I tried to take out the role, but in the user profile, then I cannot even see the digest frequency choice.

That’ actually a bug that’ ready to be released. When I introduced the Override functionality in bbpnns, I didn’ have time to adjust the Digests so that the settings show if no roles are selected but Overrides are.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Francoise,

Version 1.5 is now available. I don’ have ALL the changes in, but some important ones.

= 1.5 [21-Nov-2016]=
      * Enhancement: Improve the way the Digests settings are displayed in the WP user profile screen
      * Added: Added default instant forum notification preference in Settings > Forums > Email Notifications.
      * Fix: Show Digests settings if Overrides are on, even if no roles are selected.

You should be notified in your WP Admin just like you do for regular/free plugins. If you don’t, be sure to click ‘Check Again’ a couple of times and it should show up.

Wayside
      Participant

That is great, thank you Vinny.

Unfortunately, even after I hit few check again a few times, I do not see the update in my wordpress dashboard – it happens often with wp-engine. Can I download the update in my account ? I do not see it in my download area.

Francoise

vinny
      Keymaster

Try now. Just make sure you just replace the original plugin directory with the new one via FTP or SFTP or some other non WP method. If you deactivate and then uninstall the old plugin, you’ll lose data.

Cheers!
      Vinny

Wayside
      Participant

Thank you – I updated the plugin and I will test it now.

One thing that I noticed though is that a user is not able to change the digest frequency now that I took out the role from the topics – since the subscriptions is working, it would be logical that the user can change that frequency.

best,
      Francoise

vinny
      Keymaster

Please clarify what you mean by not able to change? They can’t see it in order to change it, or they select the different frequency but it doesn’t stick?

Wayside
      Participant

They can’t see it in order to change it.

As soon as I took out the role from Topic Recipient Roles.

Wayside
      Participant

Note that if the default daily digest is working, that would be workable for us, even if users cannot change it.

vinny
        Keymaster

It’ working, yes. I believe it’s time to take this over to chat. I’ll email you my skype account so we can talk about all of this.

vinny
      Keymaster

With Overrides on and no roles selected, I can see the settings in the WordPress Profile screen. Which screen are you looking at? URL please. Feel free to set it a private reply.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.