Home Forums WordPress Plugins Plugin Failing to Post Reply

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kait Hembree
      Participant

Hello,

I’m working on setting up your reply by email plugin. So far some things are working – the notification goes to each forum subscriber, and when they respond, their response makes it back to the email address (the Username field in the General settings). When I test the connection in the General settings, everything is Ok too.

But the replies are failing to post in the forum, and I am unsure why. Could you please be of help with this?

I am using the WordPress Cron option on the backend currently, but have also tried to get it to work with the webhook option, but to no avail.

Also, our host is WP Engine. They don’t offer the cron example, referred to on this page: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/real-cron-job/ , but they do offer to have their crons execute via a true cron that runs every minute, which I have set up on the site. But still no messages are making it back to the forums.

I am attaching a copy of the error log in the hopes that it can help guide you.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]. I can provide login credentials upon request.

Thanks,

Josh

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Josh,

Thanks for reaching out. It does look like the webhook or cron job is running, but the plugin is having trouble with the nonces. Can you send me the information in the support tab of bbPress Notify (No-Spam) via email (vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net)? I’d like to see if you have any plugins that may be conflicting.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Doug Oglesby
        Participant

I’ve got the same problem. I’ll email you my info as well. Thanks in advance.

Mariah Morgan
      Participant

Has this issue been resolved? I’m having the exact issue.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Mariah,

Do you happen to be hosting on WPEngine? Can you please email me the logs in the RBE Settings Support screen? vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net

Cheers,
      Vinny

Mariah Morgan
      Participant

Thanks for the quick response.No we’re hosting on Pantheon. I’ll send the logs to you ASAP.

vinny
      Keymaster

For those hosting in WPEngine, please remember to request that they enable the Alternate Cron and select WP Cron option in RBE instead of Webhook.

Mariah’s issue is unrelated, and running the webhook manually (pasting it in a browser window) works. This usually means that there’s nothing set up to call the webhook automatically. Switching to WP Cron will work, or setting up a real cron job to call the webhook.

https://usestrict.net/bbpress-notify-no-spam-reply-by-email-documentation/#to-cron-or-to-webhook

Closing this as fixed.

Torben Heikel
      Participant

Hi

It seems that I have the same problem as others describe here:

The notifications get delivered fine by mail and the post-by-reply is delivered to subscribers as well. But it’s only the reply to the first topic that is showing up in the forum. I have tried both in an existing forum and in a brand new forum.

The test connection is working and I use the webhook (manually at this moment while testing).
      I’m testing at a staging site at Kinsta hosting.

I really hope you can help me fix this.

Thanks
      Torben

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Torben,

Thanks for reaching out. Version 1.9 of RBE has a fix for that. As of this writing, version 1.9.1 is the latest. Which one are you using?

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.