Home Forums WordPress Plugins Plugin Crashing Site

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrice
      Participant

Vinny,
      I have a small problem that is actually huge because it has crashed my site several times. Today there were 19 updates required and so in a hurry I bulk updated and activated them. Oops. So then the site crashed and I have been fussing for a few hours to recover.

I have finally gotten back into my dashboard (cleverly using FileZilla to rename the plugin directory) where I disabled all plugins.

WP 5.2 now notifies users when a plugin causes a fatal error and so I got an email saying that bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Digests (I have version 1.20 installed) is the one with the error. I am in the process of reactivating each plugin one at a time.

Could you please confirm if this plugin should no longer to be used? The other plugin I am using is bbPress Notify (No-Spam).
      Thank you, Patrice

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience.

The latest version of the Digests is 1.23. There was a sporadic fatal issue with versions < 1.20 that was fixed in that release. Can you provide the actual error message that you received from WP? I also strongly recommend updating both Digests and bbpnns to the latest versions. Cheers, Vinny

Patrice
      Participant

Hi Vinny,
      Thank you for the quick response! Here is the part of the email that describes the error.

“Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Digests.

First, visit your website (http://www.secondchanceaihadogs.com/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (http://www.secondchanceaihadogs.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?plugin_status=all&paged=1&s) and check for any visible issues.

Error Details
      =============
      An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 32 of the file /home1/cybergia/public_html/secondchanceaihadogs/wp-content/plugins/bbpnns-digest/includes/controller/settings.class.php. Error message: Class ‘bbPress_Notify_noSpam’ not found ”

I’m guessing this was error happened because the digest was activated before activating bbPress Notify (No-Spam). I had selected all plugins needing updating/activating and bulk updated/activated to speed up the process. Now look at all the time I have wasted….

The bbPress Notify (No-Spam) installed on my site is ver 2.2.1 which seems to be the correct current version. I remember renewing that last fall, but it seems like the price has doubled to renew it on your shop page?

I can’t afford the update for the digest so I will have to delete that plugin, I rely on donations for the website and too much comes out of my own pocket. ;-}
      My best Patrice

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Patrice, I’ll send you coupon via email. Consider it my donation to the puppies.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Patrice
      Participant

Vinny,
      I am so overwhelmed by your generosity. All of us are grateful to your help with our Second Chance AIHA Dogs forum. I don’t know how we could moderate it without all the emails we get. Often enough I find myself somewhere out in public, in a corner, responding to a frantic owner’s post on the forum, via email, on my phone. Your plugins are so important to those of us who want to maintain some degree of privacy with bbPress forums.
      Thank you very much,
      Patrice

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.