Home Forums WordPress Plugins Option for shipping product in multiple boxes

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Gressa

Is there an option for shipping products in multiple boxes? The cart I’m working on has products that ship in a 20 x 16 x 20″ box, per product. If I add one to the cart, the shipping extension will show the USPS fees. Anything more than one product, and it says the package is too large to be mailed. This seems to be a fatal flaw in the extension.

Following is a link to the product so you can see the issue: http://partyonstillwater.com/dev/classic-spa-basket-pamper-me/

Is there any way to address the issue?

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Gressa,

It’s a known issue that I have not had the time to address. It’s at the very top of my todo list, though.

Vinny

Gressa

Can you suggest an acceptable workaround until the issue is fixed? This client is just about ready to launch their new site. But not having a multi-box shipping option will essentially render the plugin and therefore the entire cart worthless. All their shipments will need to be multi-box for any order of more than one of their products.

The only solution I can possibly think of while we wait for the fix, is to put a notice on site that each basket must be shipped and therefore ordered individually. Any other ideas?

vinny
      Keymaster

If I remember correctly, the real problem with multi-box shipping is when the weight surpasses the maximum allowed (70lb for USPS). If the weight is under that value, the price for single or multi-box remains pretty much the same. If there are indeed discrepancies, you can try setting a handling fee to cover the difference (contact me by email if you think that would work and I’ll send you the handling fee plugin free of charge).

Sorry, but that’s all I can do over the following couple of weeks, as I’m extremely busy with another project.

Gressa

The weight of the product I am testing is set to:
      Weight: 9 (on the product entry page)
      Package Class: Large (which carries the dimensions 24 x 16 x 16)

I have 2 of these added to the cart. If it’s doing the math correctly, that would equal 18#. So unless I am setting up the weight incorrectly, it doesn’t seem to be flagging the shipment because of weight.

Even if I test the site with Package Class dimensions of 1 x 1 x 1, it gives me the same error: According to the dimensions you entered, the package is too large to be mailed.

If you feel the Handling fee plugin would be a good solution, yes, I’d like to try it out. Thanks.

vinny
      Keymaster

Please contact me directly through vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net so we can discuss the issue. I’d like to have a look at your settings.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.