Home Forums WordPress Plugins Notifications and hidden forums

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jennifer Anderson
      Participant

Hello, I am about to set up a few hidden forums where only one small group of people will be able to access. I know I can use that groups plugin to make this happen.

My question is will everyone who cannot access those forums receive notifications of replies and topics in them? It appears the only way to opt out folks from getting them from hidden would be to set for admins only. But I need the members of the hidden forums to get the notifications but not any other members. Is that possible?

Thanks!

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

You can get the Private Groups Bridge plugin to make sure only people belonging to the private forum get the notifications.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Jennifer Anderson
      Participant

That’s awesome Vinny! You’ve thought of everything! Going to go get my copy now 🙂

Jennifer Anderson
      Participant

Hi Vinny,

Hate to keep bothering you, but I installed this plugin and now my opt out and digest options are not appearing on the bbpress profiles.

I updated all the plugins before installing this, and to be honest, I’m not 100% sure if it was the updates or the new plugin. I DID deactivate the new one and they still weren’t showing though so it might be the updates??

Any ideas?

Jennifer Anderson
      Participant

OMG, never mind, never mind. I found it, I had admins (myself) unchecked becuase I’m using a custom role. All is well. My bad 🙁

(Why is it you spend so much time looking for the answer and then you find it IMMEDIATLEY AFTER you send in a support ticket?)

vinny
      Keymaster

Usually because you have to go through your steps to explain everything in the ticket. It happens to me all the time :).

Cheers!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.