Home Forums WordPress Plugins move topic from one forum to another and receive a notification

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Wayside
      Participant

Hi,
      I was wondering if it would be possible to also receive a notification when a topic is moved to a forum that the user is subscribed to?

Thank you,
      Francoise

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Francoise,

Can you provide the exact steps for the move?

Wayside
      Participant

Hi Vinny,
      Note that when I wrote this topic, I clicked on the box to be notified by email for replies, and I did not receive anything – I search in my spam folder too. In our installation, I just noticed this morning the same problem. Any thoughts on that ?

For the move of a topic: When you move a topic from a forum to another, you simply edit the topic in the dashboard and choose another forum. See screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/GBkOBpS1pjBn

Thank you for your help on this,
      Francoise

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Wayside
      Participant

Hi,
      Could you please follow -up on this? it would be much appreciated.
      Thank you,
      Francoise

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Francoise,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I too didn’t receive the notification. UseStrict forums are set to send out notifications once every 30 minutes via a real cron job, and I noticed a couple of cron job errors – it may be that whatever caused the cron job to error out, swallowed the notification.

Thanks for the screencast. I see that the ‘Send Notifications’ checkbox is not checked. If you check that, a notice will be sent to whoever has access when you click update.

You can make it so that it’s always checked under Settings > Forums > Email Notifications > Admin UI Topic Notifications.

Please let me know if that doesn’t do the trick.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Wayside
      Participant

Hi Vinny,
      Thanks for your follow-up. See the image attached and the new screenshot https://www.screencast.com/t/9ms1pcCLER, the notify box is checked – I tested it like 10 times from different accounts and the notify me by replies is not working at all anymore.
      I use to work.

We will not be able to continue using your plugins if that is not working – someone who posts a topic, really need to be able to receive instant notifications.
      Thanks for your help,
      Francoise

vinny
        Keymaster

Hi Francoise,

That screenshot shows a strange data dump above the notify checkbox. There
        is probably some plugin that is breaking my plugin’s functionality.

Can you please create an admin account for me using vinny [at] usestrict
        [dot] net so I can have a look?

Vinny Alves
        UseStrict Consulting
        WordPress Plugins and Services
        http://usestrict.net/get-peace-of-mind/

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Francoise,

I looked at your profile and found the reason you weren’t notified. You chose to block all notifications some time in the past (part of the Opt-out plugin).

I’ll be sending this message via email as well, so you can go in and unblock them.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Wayside
      Participant

Hi Vinny, I unblocked them and I still have the same behavior.

Here are my settings. https://www.screencast.com/t/2xWUVHAlp

The idea is to have a daily digest for subscribed forums and have immediate notifications for any topics that I start or reply to and that I clicked the notified box. It used to work.

Thanks for helping, I even deactivate the opt-out plugin temporarily to test and it did not change anything.

vinny
      Keymaster

I was referring to the profile in UseStrict.net, not the one in your site as I don’t have access to it yet.

Please create the temporary admin account using vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net so I can look at your settings.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.