Home Forums WordPress Plugins Limiting Shipping Options

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Eric S.

Hi Vinny,

I’m considering purchasing your UPS module and have two questions:

1. Can you select which UPS shipping options will be displayed in the drop down window? For example, if I only want to offer UPS ground and 2-day air service, can I limit the drop down window to show only those two shipping options?

2. In the unlikely event your UPS module doesn’t work properly with my version of eshop (6.3.7), wordpress (3.5.1) or theme (elegantthemes estore) after I trouble shoot with you, would a refund of the purchase price be available?

Thanks,

Eric

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

1. USPS does, UPS currently does not. However, as I added a filter for people who wanted to limit which carrier to be displayed given certain conditions, I can add the same for the carrier’s services. All you’d have to do is to send back an array with the whitelisted services (or blacklisted – I’m still thinking which is more practical).

2. Yes, I offer a full refund if my plugin doesn’t work and I haven’t been able to figure it out. However, I do warn you that elegantthemes eStore tends to break eShop (according to the writers of eShop).

Cheers,
      Vinny

Eric

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the quick reply. Where exactly would I add the filter you are referring to? Is this something I can do once you generate the code or something you would have to do for me?

Please advise,

Eric

PS after a little tinkering I’ve gotten eShop to work very well with the eStore theme. Although I’m only using the Paypal gateway at the moment…which appears to be less problematic than the Authorize.net gateway (from what I’ve read)

vinny
      Keymaster

I don’t know how proficient you are in WP development. Filters can be added either in your theme’s functions.php file or via a plugin (my personal preference, as I’m not sure that every theme can be updated without losing changes to functions.php).

I also have not yet added support for the filters due to lack of time. I’ll try to have it in place (and documented) by the weekend.

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

I’ve added support for a filter called ‘ese_ups_service_filter’. It receives the SimpleXML Object representation of the response XML. This will allow you to intercept UPS’ reply and do whatever you want with it.

Required plugin version: 2.3.3

Cheers,
      Vinny

Eric

Hi Vinny,

I’m a bit confused now. What do you mean by “I’ve added support for a filter called “ese_ups_service_filter”? Does this mean you’ve created some code that I can now enter into a php plug-in? If so, where can I find the code?

Also, you mention I need plug-in version 2.3.3 for the filter to work. Are you referring to the latest version of eSE UPS?

Please advise,

Eric

vinny
      Keymaster

Eric,

I’ve added an ‘apply_filters’ call just before reading the XML response to populate the shipping service dropdown. This means that you can do an ‘add_filter’ call to intercept the XML and modify it as you wish.

Example:

<?php
      function intercept_ups_response($xml)
      {
          // Unset unwanted services...

// Return the modified $xml
          return $xml;
      }
      add_filter('ese_ups_service_filter', 'intercept_ups_response', 10, 1);
      ?>

As to version 2.3.3, yes, it is the latest UPS plugin version.

Eric

Hi Vinny,

Would I simply cut and paste the above ‘add filter call’ listed above into my functions.php file (or php plug-in)? If so, would you work with me to come up with the exact code needed based on what services I want excluded or included? FYI: I have no real proficiency with WP development or programming. Customization of my website has been exclusively based on working with the support staff at elegant themes and reading WP forums for fixes and ideas. I simply “cut and paste” code based on the direction of experts like yourself…which so far has worked pretty well. In effect, I’m clueless about how the code actually works…I hope you understand.

Please advise and regards,

Eric

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

My example above is missing the bulk of the customization. Contact me via email so we can discuss this further. vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.