Home Forums WordPress Plugins Instant notifications setting keeps turning off

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Susan Gillies
      Participant

One of our admins has been having this weird problem where the “instant forum notifications” checkbox becomes unchecked after a while. We haven’t noticed a timing pattern yet, but it is happening consistently, after a week or so. Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks!

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Susan,

– Is it just that admin?
      – Which version of the Digests plugin are you using?
      – What is the state (checked or unchecked) of the “Default Instant Forum Notifications” Settings > Forums > Email Notifications?

Cheers,
      Vinny

vinny
      Keymaster

Also, are you using BuddyPress or any membership plugins that have their own profile screens?

Susan Gillies
      Participant

I totally forgot to do an upgrade so it was a few months behind. Sorry, totally slipped my mind.

I have just updated both WP and the plugin, so let me see if the problem persists. If it does, I’ll post again.

Thanks, Vinny!

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Is this still an issue?

Susan Gillies
        Participant

Hello, yes this is still not resolved. I check the box for “Get notified of new topics/replies as soon as they are created” and it works for a few days, but then it gets unchecked somehow and I stop receiving immediate notices and it goes back to weekly summaries.

It doesn’t seem to matter if I am logged in or logged out and I can’t figure out anything else that would be affecting it.

Please let me know what else we can do to fix this.

Thank you,

Susan Gillies
        Marketing and Operations Analysis Manager
        Network of Employers for Traffic Safety
        http://www.trafficsafety.org

Susan Gillies
      Participant

Hi Vinny,

Ironic timing. I was just getting on to message you back. Sorry for the delay, I was traveling for a few weeks.

Yes, still an issue. To answer your questions:

– Is it just that admin? As far as I know, yes. No one else has complained.
      – Which version of the Digests plugin are you using? We’re updated and current and the problem still persists.
      – What is the state (checked or unchecked) of the “Default Instant Forum Notifications” Settings > Forums > Email Notifications? It is unchecked, since we wanted instant notifications to be up to the user

Thank you!

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Susan,

I didn’t see your reply. Please create an admin account for me using vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net so I can have a look at your setup.

Thanks,
      Vinny

Susan Gillies
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.