Home Forums WordPress Plugins If a forum of a new topic is set to "no parrent" all user get a mail

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Martin Schmucki
      Participant

Hi

I use following plugins:
      bbPNNS/BuddyPress Bridge
      bbPNNS Private Groups Bridge

If I create a new topic and forget to choice a forum it sends the message to all users.
      Is there a way to prevent that?

Thanks for a short response,
      Chris

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Martin,

I’m assuming you’re creating the topic in the back-end as I can’t think of how the forum would not be set in the front end. In that case, just make sure the checkbox ‘Send Notifications’ is unchecked.

You can make it unchecked by default in the bbpnns settings screen.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Martin Schmucki
      Participant

Hi Martin,

Yes that’s right.
      So there is no way to “block” emails when the forum is on “No Parent”?

Thanks,
      Chris

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Martin,

I think you did not understand my explanation above. Go to the screen where you create or edit a topic in the back end. On the right column you’ll see the small metaboxes where you specify the forum, etc. Above that you’ll find a box with a single checkbox saying ‘Send Notifications’. Make sure it’s unchecked when you click Publish or Update and no emails will be sent out.

If the checkbox is always checked when you load the screen, it’s because the option to make it always checked is set in the bbpnns settings. Unset that there and the checkbox will no longer be checked when you create a new topic or reply.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.