Home Forums WordPress Plugins IE Javascript error

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Edward

I’ve come across an issue in Internet Explorer 8 and lower. The shopping cart javascript seems to be generating an error(details below).

This error occurs on all the pages throughout the site. I believe this is connected to a glitch on the checkout page: when I fill out the form and click on the “view shipping options” the page jumps to the top, and the shipping options do not load. This only seems to be happening in IE (I’ve tested in IE8 and lower), it works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
      Timestamp: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 18:12:31 UTC

Line: 159
      Char: 22
      Code: 0
      URI: http://awningpro-tech.com/wp-content/plugins/eshop-shipping-extension/includes/modules/ups-module/USC_eShop_UPS.js?ver=1.4.4

vinny
      Keymaster

Thanks for bringing it up. I’ll look into it asap.

Edward

I think I found the problem (or rather, stackoverflow found the problem):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12715409/explain-this-jquery-selector

I made the changes as suggested and it seems to work fine now, aside from one other issue, which I will start a new thread for.

thanks!

vinny
      Keymaster

Thanks for catching that and going after the fix, Edward. I’ve released it in v2.0.10.

I noticed, however, that you seem to be using 1.4.4 which is extremely outdated. Please make sure you’re using the latest versions of eSE and the UPS module.

At the time of this writing, they are:

eSE: 2.0.10 (just released)
      UPS: 2.0.4

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.