Home Forums WordPress Plugins Free Shipping on one item?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Edward

I’m using the UPS extension with the “per product option” method. Everything works great, except I have one product which is very small and light weight. When this product is ordered on its own, the shipping charges end up being more than the price of the item itself.

I’ve created a separate package class for this item, using .01 for all the values, and set the weight of the product to 0.1 lbs, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. I want to offer free shipping on this item. Is there any way I can do that?

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Edward,

Unfortunately, at this time there is no way to specify free shipping for a single item. I’d have to put a lot of thought into it – for example, how to handle that item if it’s not the only one in the shopping cart.

Feel free to send some ideas and maybe I can implement them.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Edward

Hi Vinny,

I just wanted to see if this was still the case with this plugin. I have a client who’s asking for this feature specifically.

Thanks!

Edward

vinny
      Keymaster

Edward,

Fresh out of the oven is eShop Shipping Extension 2.1.7 (you’ll see the update in a few minutes). It has better handling of eShop’s is_shipfree filter. You can create a filter for eshop_is_shipfree and eShop Shipping Extension will handle it correctly.

If you need a hand doing it, contact me through email at vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net so we can discuss the specs and cost. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to add the UI logic in eSE right now in order to allow users to configure when shipping should be free.

Cheers,
      Vinny

vinny
      Keymaster

Update: I now offer a plugin for this:

http://usestrict.net/2013/03/eshop-per-product-free-shipping/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.