Home Forums WordPress Plugins forum-email-map shortcode – what is it supposed to do?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      OCN
      Participant

Hi Vinny, I was hoping that I could include this in the footer of all subscriber emails to make it easier to instruct a user how to start a new topic via email, i.e. tell them to click on the email link in the map and it would be their own personal link. I wasn’t able to find any documentation about this shortcode.

But it seems to always post as the Admin (me) being the author. Is there a different shortcode that can be inserted into the email template to do what I would like?

Quite a few of our user cohort are wanting to interact with our forum purely via email and not have to login to the website (members only) to find their little envelope and click on it.

Thanks, Regina Huntington (on behalf of Red&Crew)
      regina [at] redandcrew [dot] com [dot] au

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Regina,

The email map should contain personalized links for each user, not only the admin’s. Can you provide a couple of samples from different email accounts so I can look into it?

Cheers,
      Vinny

OCN
      Participant

Hi Vinny,
      I do sincerely apologise, I have tested again and it is working as you say, which is great.
      It must have been operator error when I thought it wasn’t working.

Thanks very much for your advice,
      Cheers,
      Regina.

vinny
        Keymaster

I’m glad to hear it! Thanks for re-checking.

Cheers,
        Vinny

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.