Home Forums WordPress Plugins e-mail link user be logged in first

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      james

Hi Vinny,

Great plugin, I purchased my copy yesterday, it really helped me solve a private group e-mail notification issue so cheers for that.

One small question

A new e-mail notification is sent as expected when a new topic or reply is added.

This is an extract of a sent mail
      ————————–
      Hello!
      A new topic has been posted by j.
      Topic title: Jobs
      Topic url: http://— hidden the url for privacy——/forums/topic/job-descriptions/

Excerpt:
      Hi All,
      I thought I would —
      ———————————–

The “Topic url” is included in the email however when the user clicks the url form the e-mail to see the relevant post, unless they are logged into the site they are taken to my 404 not found page. This causes confusion for some users. Users must already be logged into my site in order for the “Topic url” to take them on click to the relevant post as desired.

Is there a way can solve this problem? Can I somehow include a login link first then redirect to the relevant Topic in the link somehow?

Best wishes
      James

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for purchasing. I’ll look into a solution for that. You have a point, it IS confusing.

You can expect something in the upcoming days.

Cheers,
      Vinny

vinny
      Keymaster

Version 1.1 has been released. Please update and check it out.

Private topics and replies will have the URL transformed in a way that will allow the plugin to capture the hit, check that the user is logged in, present the login screen if not, and finally redirect the user back to the topic/reply after the login process.

Cheers,
      Vinny

james
      Participant

Many thanks Vinny,

Really appreciate your efforts.

One small question, how do I download the latest version as instructed?

I can’t seem to see the link to download or update, either on my wordpress sites plugin section or my usestrict.net account?

Thanks again for your speedy work.
      James

vinny
      Keymaster

All my plugins are hooked into the WordPress Plugin API, meaning you get updates just like you get for every other plugin. Go to Admin > Dashboard > Updates and if it’s not listed there, click ‘Check Again’ a couple of times until it does get shown.

Cheers!
      Vinny

james
      Participant

Cool I have attempted what you said a few times now with no luck.

I will keep trying over the next few hours though.

Thanks,
      James

james
      Participant

Still no luck,

Have pressed “Check Now” about 30 times now and no update option can seen in Admin > Dashboard > Update or plugins > update.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
      James

vinny
      Keymaster

I’m sending you the file via email to the hotmail account you used. I can’t debug why you’re not getting the update right now as I have a plane to catch.

I’ll check the forums again late tonight or tomorrow. Keep us posted.

james
      Participant

Hi Vinny,

Hope you are well.

Thanks for the previous version via e-mail, I have got it installed now v1.1.

I have a small question for you.

Basically I have two groups created via bbPrivategroups.

Group 1 should receive e-mail notification of new topics and replies for group 1 only.

The same applies for group 2.

I use bbPress Notify (No-Spam) along with your cool plugin bbPress Notify (No-Spam)/Private Groups Bridge to help me accomplish this.

Many thanks for sorting the e-mail link to determine and direct users based on whether they are logged in or not, however I have not been able to test it out yet as for some reason no e-mails are sent upon new topic creation or the addition of reply’s for either group our user role.

Any ideas why this could be, a setting I have missed somewhere in forum settings maybe?

The forum is live at the minute, so I can provide you with a login to the site if you wish to have a quick look at my settings if you would not mind
      Cheers,
      James

james
      Participant

Quick update, e-mail notification did come through now from a sample post

Two links were included in the e-mail but neither work for a non-logged user.

————————–
      Hello!
      A new topic has been posted by admin.
      Topic title: New members hub coming soon!

We will be adding a new members hub very soon to encourage greater user communication, connectivity and networking.

Topic url: http://—removed for privacy—/forums/topic/new-members-hub-coming-soon/

http://—removed for privacy—/forums/topic/new-members-hub-coming-soon/#post-1121

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi James,

What version of bbPress Notify (No-Spam) are you using?

What does your Topic email template look like (under Settings > Forums > Email Notifications)?

Are you sure you’re running version 1.1 of the Bridge plugin (sorry, I have to ask)?

Is the forum set to Private?

Regardless of the answers above, I’m releasing version 1.1.1 with a small change that may or may not impact your case.

james
      Participant

Hi Vinny,
      ———————————————–
      What version of bbPress Notify (No-Spam) are you using?
      Currently, Version 1.14.3
      ————————————————
      What does your Topic email template look like (under Settings > Forums > Email Notifications)?

—New Topic
      Hello!
      A new topic has been posted by [topic-author].
      Topic title: [topic-title]

[topic-content]

Topic url: [topic-url]

[topic-replyurl]

—Reply
      Hello!

A new topic has been posted by [topic-author].
      Topic title: [topic-title]

[topic-content]

Topic url: [topic-url]

[topic-replyurl]
      ———————————————–
      Are you sure you’re running version 1.1 of the Bridge plugin (sorry, I have to ask)?
      Yes, Version 1.1
      ———————————————-
      Is the forum set to Private?
      Yes, — Private
      ———————————————-

You may have to e-mail me the v1.1.1 of bridge as for some reason WordPress Plugin API updates for bridge do not come through automatically.
      Thanks,
      James

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.