September 8, 2020 at 9:37 am #26040Cameron VersluisParticipant
I am trying to get Digest to work on a forum I’ve installed. It doesn’t actually do anything.
I have it running on WP Engine. My Default Frequency for Digests is Off. I have WP Mail SMTP installed with a Gmail account.
I made my own page to handle notification settings. I have a user who is reporting no digest emails. Here is her post meta:
BbpnnsDigest_enabled is set to “1”
BbpnnsDigest_frequency is set to “daily”
September 8, 2020 at 9:44 am #26188vinnyKeymaster
I’m terribly sorry for the delayed reply. Something happened that I never got notified of your question.
The Digests plugin will only keep track of notifications that are triggered by bbpnns. If bbpnns settings are not including that user, she’ll never get any digests. Please check the following:
- Go to bbpnns Settings > Support > Dry Run and run a test. Make sure that the user is included in the recipients list. If she’s not, review your bbpnns settings to make sure she does get included.
- The dry run will tell you if she’s getting dropped for any reason (like for having opted out via the Opt Out add-on if you’re using that.
- If you do see her included in the recipients list, check the
bbpnns_digest_queuetable for rows with her user_id. If you find rows there, then the Digest is ready to send her messages.
- Install WP Email Logging plugin to see what messages leave the site. If you see digests being sent to her, then the problem is with the email host.
Let me know what you find.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.