Home Forums WordPress Plugins Compatibility with Fix Forum Emails plugin

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Teri

Hi, This might be more of a wish list issue but thought it would be worth asking. I have just recently started user bbPress Notify (no spam) to fix the significant issues I was having with inconsistent bbPress notifications. Thank you for providing this solution, so far it is working very well. I also have been using the Fix Forum Emails plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/fix-forum-emails/). However, since using bbPNNS Fix Forum Emails no longer works. Do I have any options for using these two plugins together? Thank you!

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Teri,

I had a quick look at the fix-forum-emails plugin and from what I can tell, it’s not needed if you’re using bbpnns version 1.14.x. You can enable UTF-8 for Subject lines, and HTML or Multipart messages in Settings > Forums > Email Notifications.

Is there anything else that it does that you don’t see in bbpnns?

Cheers,
      Vinny

Teri

Hi Vinny-

Thank you for such a prompt response. I’ve checked the settings you mention above. I am using bbpnns version 1.14.2. I have the box checked to “encode subject line using UTF-8”, and I have HTML set as the e-mail type.

Yet, yesterday I posted a topic with the subject: Your ‘Physiology-First’ Checklist

The email notification sent to subscribers read: Your ‘Physiology-First’ Checklist

What am I overlooking?

Thank you!

vinny
      Keymaster

Can you paste a copy of the email headers in this thread? Make sure it’s marked as private, though.

Teri
      This reply has been marked as private.
      Teri
      Teri Rose
      vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Teri,

Sorry for the delay. The strange Subject line (=?UTF-8?Q?…) is the result of encoding it as UTF-8. You can turn off that option in Settings > Forums > Email Notifications.

As for the entities in the subject line, you’ll see that even the encoded subject has the entities.

&#0?==?UTF-8?Q?39;

I’ll add a fix to get those quote entities replaced with actual quotes.

Cheers,
      Vinny

vinny
      Keymaster
      Teri Rose

Hi, I have unchecked the UTF-8 encoding box in settings. I’ll hang tight for the fix then, assuming that will just come in an upcoming plugin update?

Vinny, thank you for your help and being so responsive to this issue.

vinny
      Keymaster

The fix has already been released with v1.14.3. If you haven’t received the update notification, go to the Updates screen and click Check Again a couple of times.

It’s my pleasure.

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.