Home Forums WordPress Plugins Can’t get digests to work

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kdelsimone
      Participant

Hi Vinny,

I’m not able to get the digests plugin to work. I’ve tried adjusting settings, deactivating and reactivating, setting up a real cron, reverting back to the WP cron, etc. and nothing seems to work. I’m sure it’s something very simple and obvious that I’ve overlooked, but at the moment I’m at a loss.

I’ve had the plugin activated for a while and could never quite get it to work right. Part of it, I only just realized, was that I needed to add keys to the usermeta table for existing users, which I’ve done. Everyone is set to receive daily digests as well as instant notifications. The instants work but the daily/weekly does not.

Yesterday I deactivated and reactivated the plugin and the monthly digest immediately went out, but not the daily or weekly (this might be as designed). I had a real cron executing every 15 minutes for the last 24 hours and other events were executed but it appears the digest wasn’t. I disabled real cron and went back to the standard WP cron and rescheduled the daily, weekly and monthly digests to each occur one minute apart, and then made sure to hit the site when each was scheduled to run. They didn’t.

I’ve also double-checked that each user is indeed assigned a recipient role that should be receiving notifications.

It’s strange because at one time the digests worked, albeit briefly. That is to say that it worked one or two times and then inexplicably stopped working. Because the site is in development, it’s hard to say if I did something somewhere else to cause the interruption. It’s entirely possible.

I’m hoping you have some thoughts/suggestions for what I may be overlooking. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kristen

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Kristen,

Please create a temporary admin account for me using vinny [at] usestrict [dot] net so I can have a look at your settings.

Also, did you read the testing section of the documentation? It explains how to manually trigger the cron jobs, making testing much easier.

Please do make sure you have the latest version of the digests installed. I released 1.12.1 earlier tonight, with a few fixes and a rewrite of the forking code.

Cheers,
      Vinny

kdelsimone
      Participant
      This reply has been marked as private.
      vinny
      Keymaster

Hi Kristen,

Did you hear back from InMotion? Can I close this ticket?

Cheers,
      Vinny

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.