Home Forums WordPress Plugins bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Opt-Out add-on not working

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      rgueron
      Participant

Hello

I just baught your addon for bbpress notify and add this shortcode in email template [opt-out-url-direct]

User receive email notification with the link at the bottom to unsubscribe. If you click on the link it open a webpage saying: You have been unsubscribed as requested.

But if i check on the user profile (in admin area, the topic is still mark to receive notifications and user receive email notification if there are news replies.

Could you help me please?

Thank you

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi rgueron,

Thanks for reaching out.

I’ll run a few tests and let you know what I find.

Cheers,
      Vinny

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi rgueron,

bbpnns features 2 types of notifications:

1. Role-based notifications, where all users from the selected roles will receive the emails
      2. Core Subscription-based notifications, where only people who clicked the ‘Notify me…’ in the topic receive notifications

It’s important to understand this for the remainder of this message…

I checked the code and ran a few tests. Is your user subscribed to the topic via the core subscriptions? If so, then the opt-out will let him/her receive the message, as it acts only to block role-based notifications.

Your question gives me the idea of adding a setting of how opt-out should work. I would add the following options:

1. Allow only notifications regarding topics/replies the user has explicitly subscribed to (this is the default functionality)
      2. Block all notifications regarding topics/replies

Can you tell me a bit more about how you are testing this? Does this explanation shed some light on your case?

Cheers,
      Vinny

rgueron
      Participant

Hello Vinny and thank you for your answers.

Actually i run a website with bbpress (of course), woocommerce subcription and membership. THis way only members are able to access the BBpress Forum.

After installing your addon, i add the shortcode at the end of the notification email when a user check the box : “notify me”

So yes, users click on the “notify me” to receive notification when someone else answer to the topic. I was thinking your plugin could unsubscribe user with generating link in the email.

Do you think you can add this functionnality ? because if not i don’t really need this addon.

Thank you Vinny

vinny
      Keymaster

That’s a good addition to the plugin. Yes, I’ll add it. Please give me a few days to work on this.

Cheers,
      Vinny

rgueron
      Participant

Thank you very much

rgueron
      Participant

Hello Vince, any news about this addition? Did you have the time to work on it?

Thanks

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi rgueron,

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been working on it and am close to completing. Note that I’m adding more functionality, and it also has to work with the bridge add-ons, so it’s not a simple task.

I’m hoping to have it ready some time next week, but it’s really coming out great.

New features:

1. A stand-alone settings screen, where admins can select the default notifications options for new users:
        Blocking Options

And the default opt-out link behaviour:

2. Users will also be able to control those 2 options in their profile screens:
        Profile Options

I’m still working on the following:

• Adjusting the opt-out link behaviour to handle the new options;
      • Create the new interface to allow the user to block all or deselect their subscriptions;
      • Change the bridge plugins to play nicely with these new options.

I’ll update this thread when I’ve released the changes.

Cheers,
      Vinny

rgueron
      Participant

Great 😉

For my personnal use, i just need the link in email to work, because i forbid the access to the user’s profile (bbpress profil and admin side profil too)

vinny
      Keymaster

Hi rgueron,

I released opt-out version 1.6.1 last night, along with the buddypress bridge 1.5. Make sure you’re also using the latest bbpnns, as it is required for the unsubscribe to work.

Cheers,
      Vinny

rgueron
      Participant

Thank you Vinny !

rgueron
      Participant

Hi again Vinny

I have upgrade bbpress Notify to 1.15.11 and opt out addon to 1.6.1 and when i try to write a message and click on “notify me for any answer” i have this message

Fatal error: Class ‘BbpnnsOptOut_Model_User_Prefs’ not found in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpnns-opt-out/includes/dal/user_prefs_dao.class.php on line 63

Thank you

vinny
      Keymaster

My bad. The fix is available in v1.6.2. Please click ‘Check Again’ in your Updates screen to force the check.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.