Home Forums WordPress Plugins Testing POP3/IMAP Credentials… Failed Failed to connect to IMAP/POP3. Reply To: Testing POP3/IMAP Credentials… Failed Failed to connect to IMAP/POP3.

dongrillo
Participant

Vinny,

My host says they have port 993 open. They are going to move our site to another server and see if that fixes the problem. Two step verification has been disabled for the plugin.

The host reply is posted below after allowing them to go in and test it.

“I get the same error. Unfortunately, the error message is so simple it doesn’t provide any insight on why it is failing. If you are speaking with the developer of the plugin, I would ask if there’s a way to turn on error logging for the plugin that will provide more details on why it can’t connect. Right now, it could be anything. I confirmed the server will accept connections on port 993. Do you have 2-step authentication enabled at gmail? I could see that refusing the connection. My only other guess would be an issue with SSL, but it doesn’t look like you can turn that off even for testing. The last thing I will try is moving your site to a new server with a different SSL version to see if that fixes the problem. It would be nice if the plugin gave a more detailed error message though so we are not just guessing at the problem.”

Don