Home Forums WordPress Plugins Digest Emails Not Sending Reply To: Digest Emails Not Sending

vinny
Keymaster

Hi Trisha,

A few things come to mind, but not all of them are simple. Here goes.

1. Pull up the user IDs for your 3 accounts and keep them handy, you’ll need them for the next step.
  2. Using a database client, look inside the bbpnns_digest_queue table to see if the 3 users are there (be sure to have created a new topic/reply, or checked the ‘Send Notifications’ box in the topic/reply admin screen and click update).
  3. If they’re not there, let me know. If they are, then let’s keep following the items.
  4. For each user, confirm that they’re set to daily notifications, and if you’re using the Opt-out plugin, that they’re not opted out.
  5. Install Advanced Cron Manager (if you haven’t yet) so we can control the mail-outs.
  6. Add the following code to your theme’s functions.php for debugging only:
    add_filter('bbpnns_digest_before_notify', 'my_debug_show_recipients', 10, 2);
    function my_debug_show_recipients( $recipients, $frequency )
    {
        error_log('Recipients/freq: ' . print_r(array('freq' => $frequency, 'rec' => array_keys($recipients) ),1), 3, dirname(__FILE__). '/out.log');

return $recipients;
    }

This will print out the list of recipients and the frequency selected when you run the cron job manually via Advanced Cron Manager.

Look at the contents of the out.log file. It should match the user IDs in the database. Let me know if the IDs of your 3 accounts aren’t in there. If they are, then the issue is after the email is sent, and no longer in the Digests’ plugin realm. Debugging it will be harder and we’ll need to continue via email or skype.

Cheers,
Vinny