bbPress Notify (No-Spam) (bbpnns, for short) lets you send out notifications of new topics and replies to all members of any given role. You can select a set of options for new topics and another for new replies.
It has so many filters and actions that it can be extended in just about any way imaginable. So much so that I’ve released several add-ons that hook into it:
- bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Reply by Email, so your users can post replies from the comfort of their email clients;
- bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Bulk Mailer, which integrates with Mailgun and Sendgrid for those of you with humungous user bases;
- bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Opt-Out, to make it comply with CASL/CAN-SPAM;
- bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Digests, to allow users to get a single message daily, weekly, or monthly;
As well as integration add-ons for the more popular membership/privacy plugins:
- bbPress Moderation Integration, to make it play nicely with the bbPress Moderation plugin;
- bbPress Private Groups Integration, to make it respect bbPress Private Groups rules;
- BuddyPress Integration, to notify BuddyPress Group members of new Group Forum topics and replies.
- MemberPress and UltimateMember, among others. Have a look at our shop page for the full list.
As of version 1.12, you can replace bbPress’ Core Subscriptions notifications with the templates set up in bbpnns. This also means you get the benefits of Digests and Opt-Out (if you have the add-ons) for core subscriptions as well as regular bbpnns notifications.
HTML/Plain Text Messages
As of version 1.14, messages are sent out as HTML, with an automatic plain text version. The message template editor is the same WYSIWYG editor used for WordPress.
Feel free to download and install it directly from the WordPress.org plugin repository: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-notify-nospam/. It is being used in over 5000 sites and counting!