Canada Post Shipping Rates for WooCommerce allows you to get Canada Post rates with more control over the countries you ship to.
- Download usc-wc-shipping-canada-post.zip and upload it to to your blog’s wp-content/plugins directory;
- Activate the plugin in your Plugin Admin interface;
- Go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Canada Post and follow the instructions to connect to Canada Post and customize your settings.
The WooCommerce Canada Post Shipping Rates Plugin is a fork of Woothemes’ Canada Post plugin with some improvements:
- It does NOT require that you give your credit card number to Canada Post;
- It allows you to set country-specific service options;
- It allows you to opt to use default service options for every country not in the country list.
No Credit Card required for Canada Post
I was once caught by surprise when using Woothemes’ Canada Post plugin. I installed an update and suddenly I was asked to go to Canada Post to enter my Credit Card information. All the while my customers were unable to place orders. This plugin does NOT involve entering Credit Cards in any way.
Set Country-Specific Service Options
I sell a lot to Brazil, and because of that I wanted to translate the shipping options for Brazilians only. I also wanted to control which International services were available when shipping to that country. With this plugin, the specific countries selected will have each its own services section which you can control however you like.
Use Default Services for Everyone Else
In case you decided to have country-specific settings for one or two countries and would like to have blanket settings for everyone else, just tick ‘Use Default’ to get the Default Services list displayed.