Canada Post Shipping Rates for WooCommerce allows you to get Canada Post rates with more control over the countries you ship to.
- Download usc-wc-shipping-canada-post.zip and upload it to to your blog’s wp-content/plugins directory;
- Activate the plugin in your Plugin Admin interface;
- Go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Canada Post and follow the instructions to connect to Canada Post and customize your settings.
The WooCommerce Canada Post Shipping Rates Plugin is a fork of Woothemes’ Canada Post plugin with some improvements:
- It does NOT require that you give your credit card number to Canada Post;
- It allows you to set country-specific service options;
- It allows you to opt to use default service options for every country not in the country list.
No Credit Card required for Canada Post
I was once caught by surprise when using Woothemes’ Canada Post plugin. I installed an update and suddenly I was asked to go to Canada Post to enter my Credit Card information. All the while my customers were unable to place orders. This plugin does NOT involve entering Credit Cards in any way.
Set Country-Specific Service Options
I sell a lot to Brazil, and because of that I wanted to translate the shipping options for Brazilians only. I also wanted to control which International services were available when shipping to that country. With this plugin, the specific countries selected will have each its own services section which you can control however you like.
WooCommerce Canada Post Brazil Selected
Brazil Services Headline
Custom Brazil Options
Use Default Services for Everyone Else
In case you decided to have country-specific settings for one or two countries and would like to have blanket settings for everyone else, just tick ‘Use Default’ to get the Default Services list displayed.
WooCommerce Canada Post Use Default Services
Default Services Headline
So here it is, what many have asked for. You can now offer fixed-rate site-wide discounts for eShop instead of just percentage. You can download it for free at WordPress.org.
Modified Discounts Admin form
Cart calculating/showing fixed-rate discounts
If you’d like to also offer fixed-rated discount codes/coupons, please consider purchasing eShop Coupons Plus, which is a substitution for eShop Fixed Discounts.
I recently decided to write a port of Cronblocks as a WordPress plugin as a proof of concept, with the following features:
- Snippets are a WordPress Custom Post Type
- They can (and should) be grouped into category-like taxonomies called Snippet Groups
- Set the snippet controls to use either Geo-Location (visitor’s country) or a Scheduled display time range and date (choose days of the week or days of months)
- Assign the Snippets to a Snippet Group (just like categories)
- Control overlapping Snippets in a Group with Priorities
To use it, place the Snippet Group shortcode to control where on your page/post you want the appropriate Snippet to be displayed, and that’s it!
The plugin will check for all snippets associated with the shortcode’s Snippet Group and will decide which one should be displayed according to the control settings for each Snippet. If more than one Snippet match the display conditions, a random one of the matching set will be selected.
As mentioned above, this is a proof of concept. I plan on writing a fully featured companion plugin that will offer the following:
- Enable multiple control conditions of each type, and mix/match
- Keep and show statistics of snippets being displayed
- Optionally display snippets based on the visitor’s local time
- Optionally reload the snippet group after a given amount of time (say a visitor is watching a video, reload the snippet group after 3 minutes)
- Enable Region and City scope
- Use Maxmind GeoIP2 database, which is more accurate than the GeoIP databased used in the Cronblocks plugin
- Allow overriding of snippet options via the shortcode attributes
- Set up roles that can access the snippet administration
- Add an icon to the TinyMCE interface as a shortcut to inserting the shortcode
- Add a Snippet Group Widget
While the fully featured one doesn’t come out, feel free to download the proof of concept from WordPress.org’s plugin repository: Download
We’re looking a Front-End developer with jQuery experience to work on a few tasks. If you’re interested, please contact us using the link below.
A handy plugin for people who use bbPress is bbPress Notify. However, it doesn’t do any filtering of spam comments. Tired of receiving spam email notifications from bbPress, I contacted the original author with a snippet to filter out the pesky messages. As I got no reply, I branched the plugin myself. Feel free to download and install the spam-free version: bbpress-notify-nospam.
I’m submitting it to WordPress.org today. Let’s see if they’ll approve it.
This add-on for eShop allows you to specify a State/County/Province to which shipping will not be charged.