UseStrict Consulting

Professional IT Solutions & Training

UseStrict Consulting - Professional IT Solutions & Training

Fedex Module for eShop Shipping Extension

Replace eShop’s default shipping methods with live calls to Federal Express (Fedex).

eShop Shipping Extension framework overrides eShop’s default shipping methods, interacting directly with Fedex and other systems for real-time shipping rates and services.

Other services such as DHL will be made available soon. See the bottom of this page for UPS, USPS, and Correios

Please note that if you’re using WooCommerce, turn away – this is NOT FOR YOU! This works with¬†eShop for WordPress¬†only.

Installation

1. Install eshop-shipping-extension plugin from WordPress.org if you haven’t already done so (min. v2.0 required!);
  2. Upload eshop-shipping-extension-fedex.zip to your blog’s wp-content/plugins directory;
  3. Activate the plugin in your Plugin Admin interface;
  4. Set eShop shipping preferences to Mode 4 (by Weight & Zone);
  5. Set the Shipping Weight Units under eShop -> Shipping;
  6. Go to Settings -> eShop Shipping Extension to activate fedex interface;
  7. Follow the instructions on how to obtain your Fedex API credentials, and save your preferences.

Screenshots

1. A few easy settings get you up and running in minutes.

2. Ajax requests to Fedex API fetch base rates and extra services (when available).

Support

Use the forum to post your questions and I’ll help however I can. For fastest results, make sure you include the following:

1. eShop Shipping Extension version
  2. Fedex module version
  3. Debug XMLs
  4. Complete Error Message, if applicable

Related Modules

Order Fedex Module for eShop Shipping Extension Single License @ CAD$45.00
  • monvieuxgrenier says:

Hello Vinny,

For France, there other thing to send package, do you think it is possible to add http://www.envoimoinscher.com/api/developpeurs.html ?
    Thanks
    Patrick
    User of eshop in France

November 5, 2012 at 1:03 pm
    • vinny says:

Hi Patrick,

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what it is you need.

Viny

November 5, 2012 at 1:08 pm
  • monvieuxgrenier says:

Hi Vinny,

I have a site to sell antique objects : http://www.mon-vieux-grenier.com
    and I want to integrate a plateform like UPS, but in France they have diferent plateform and a economic is http://www.envoimoinscher.com/api/developpeurs.html and you can find API of envoimoinscher for integrate to eshop if you think this possible or if you have the time.
    Thanks to think of my problem.

Patrick

November 5, 2012 at 10:37 pm
    • vinny says:

OK, I see what you mean. It’s not Fedex related, but a different third party API altogether. I’ll ask my wife to help me with the French and see what I can do.

Vinny

November 6, 2012 at 8:33 am
  • monvieuxgrenier says:

Well thanks, if you could do something there is great.

Patrick

November 6, 2012 at 9:57 am
  • Anna says:

Hi, I was wondering if you can help me. When I go test the FedEx module I get this message in the “get shipping rate” box “Sorry, no rate details were returned! Did you enter a valid address?” Am I missing something? The address is correct, I can’t figure it out.

Thanks.

November 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm
    • vinny says:

Hi Anna,

Expect an email from me soon so we can discuss your set up.

Cheers,
      Vinny

November 21, 2012 at 4:47 pm
      • vinny says:

Anna,

Here’s the problem as I see it (I still need the debug request XML to confirm, though). eShop’s default State drop-down on the checkout form has the ID of the row instead of the actual State/Province abbreviation. Fedex does not recognize that ID, so it does not understand the destination address and returns the error you see.

I’ll be pushing a fix tonight, but in the meantime, you can bypass the problem (and get better functionality) by installing another one of my plugins: eshop-checkout-dynamic-states

Stay tuned for Fedex v1.2 with the fix.

November 21, 2012 at 6:01 pm
        • vinny says:

Fedex v1.2 is out!

November 21, 2012 at 6:54 pm
  • Katy says:

Vinny, I’d written about UPS, but now looks like we’re going to go with Fedex as our shipping solution. Just waiting on final confirmation, but then I’ll probably purchase this module and see if it can do what I need. Will keep you posted on how I’m making out.

December 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm
  • Katy says:

Am trying to purchase, but once I get to the confirmation page, not sure what I need to do next… It asks me to confirm my details, and gives me a link to ‘Edit Details or Continue Shopping’, but nothing else.

December 18, 2012 at 9:57 am
    • vinny says:

Thanks for bringing that up. Something’s wrong with the latest version of eShop. Let me try something to fix it… one sec.

December 18, 2012 at 10:03 am
      • Katy says:

Thanks, seems to be giving me check-out option now.

December 18, 2012 at 10:10 am
        • vinny says:

It was a known issue – a conflict with plugins that call do_shortcode(). The novelty is that the latest version of Jetpack was also triggering the conflict. I’ve changed my installed version of eShop and posted a message in WordPress.org Support forum with the fix for the next version. If you use Jetpack along with eShop, make sure to change your code as well:

This is for eShop v6.3.3
          wp-content/plugins/eshop/checkout.php, line 960

Replace include_once($eshopmgincpath); with include($eshopmgincpath);

December 18, 2012 at 10:50 am
  • Katy says:

Vinny, Thanks for your help getting this downloaded. Have finally gotten everything entered for the checkout. I’ve tried putting 1 item in my cart (weight: 66lbs), and it seems to work well, and returns shipping rates I’d expect.

When I try to order 4, it tells me ‘Sorry, no rate details were returned! Did you enter a valid address?’, but I’m using the same address as my first test. I’m thinking this is because the 4 items are heavier than their shipping limit. Ideally, I’d like it to calculate 4x the cost of shipping a single item. Does that make sense?

For some of our items, we’ll have two boxes, and I’m not sure how I can enter those.

Any ideas to solve this one?

December 20, 2012 at 2:42 pm
    • vinny says:

Hi Katy,

I’ll have a look on how to fix it after the holidays, but I think you’re right – it’s probably because of the shipping limit.

Vinny

December 23, 2012 at 4:06 pm
      • Katy says:

Vinny,
        Just wondering if you’d had a chance to look into this at all, and how you’re making out? I’m hoping the plug-in can be changed to calculate the shipping total based on each package, not the total size. We also have some items which ship in more than one box.
        Look forward to hearing from you!
        -Katy

January 17, 2013 at 3:57 pm
        • vinny says:

Hi Katy,

Sorry, but I’ve been swamped with work. I’ll try to give it some thought over the weekend.

Cheers,
          Vinny

January 17, 2013 at 11:14 pm
          • Katy says:

Vinny,
            Just touching base to see if you’ve had any luck with splitting the shipping for our heavy products?
            -Katy

February 18, 2013 at 2:36 pm
          • vinny says:

Not yet, Kathy.

However, if you could add me on Skype so we can chat today after 5EST, it would make things easier. I’ll email you my Skype name.

Vinny